Credit Bureau Dispute Analyst-Chesapeake, VA-#2179
***Please click the link below to apply online***
The Credit Dispute Analyst I responds to credit bureau disputes from received either through the e-Oscar web portal or in written form from the consumers. May be tasked to assist with other Compliance duties and special projects as well as other assigned duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage incoming disputes, route and resolve according to the Dispute Decision Tree Diagram by internal deadlines.
- Work within e-Oscar and e-Port to validate and/or update the Bank’s reporting of customer debt.
- When appropriate (per bank procedures), provides written documentation to consumers as evidence of how their accounts are being reported through the use of standardized letter templates.
- May be required to call consumers directly to obtain additional information to aid in dispute resolution.
- Send evidence to the scanning department to ensure all documentation is available when needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Background and Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience in the vehicular loan industry and must be familiar with credit reporting practices and accounting systems.
- Candidate must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Ability to follow established resolution process flows
- Candidate must have the personal drive to accomplish tasks to fulfill established goals
- Candidate must possess strong math, logic and investigative skills.
Desired Background and Qualifications:
- Previous Experience updating e-Oscar CBR reporting manually.
- Familiarity with Shaw and e-collections is a plus
- Candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel as well as Shaw and e-collections
- Candidate should be able to follow established processes and identify opportunity for improvement
- Candidate should possess an understanding of Metro II reporting guidelines